Context for this Book Jacket Letter: I picked up Tegan and Sara’s 2013 release HEARTTHROB last week. I haven’t stopped listening to it since.
This is my favourite album this year! I embarrass myself on the treadmill when I listen to this at the gym, and it when it comes on the car radio, I sing “I Was Fool” with the volume at 11.
I’ve loved them since 2002 but if you’re new to Tegan and Sara, you need to know the following:
- They are Canadian – originally from Calgary
- They are identical twins
- They are great role models for today’s youth
- They are gay and proud of it
- They are gorgeous
- They are Amazing Musicians. Their first album came out in 1999 and they have been working hard ever since. Every album gets better! I loved Sainthood when it came out and 4 years later, I still love the album. Hearthrob is awesome and “Closer”, “I Was a Fool” and “Goodbye, Goodbye” are getting major play!
- Their videos ROCK! http://www.teganandsara.com/video/
- They are humble
- They are funny. I love this quote from the website:
“The sisters enjoy reading, hair, ships, vampires, hot dogs, talking and relating to elderly people, self-soothing, rearranging furniture, and giving excellent advice.”
I hope you love this album as much as I do.
Check out the photoshoot I did with Tegan and Sara:
What’s that you say? It looks like the pullout from the CD case and not the real Tegan and Sara? You can see the photographer’s foot in the photo? Lies, all lies.
- 33 Reasons To Be Thankful For The Existence Of Tegan And Sara (buzzfeed.com)
- Tegan and Sara Post-Tour Reflection (unitethefight.net)
- 5 Songs You Don’t Know That Will Surely Brighten Up Your Day (boxoffunstuff.wordpress.com)